Topic: Bass drum head replacement with original logo

Print this page

1.Bass drum head replacement with original logo Copy to clipboard
Posted by: jkp
Posted on: Oct 26, 2007 12:01 PM

Anyone out there in drumland, I am rebuilding a '72 Ludwig Classic set of drums and need to replace the front bass head with a head having the same Ludwig "Classic" logo that it originaly came with. I have seen some pretty crappy knock-offs and need to know if Ludwig (or Remo) has a head with the logo available from that era - something that's legit!Big Smile

2.Re:Bass drum head replacement with original logo [Re: jkp] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: tomcat
Posted on: Oct 26, 2007 1:10 PM

want the real deal, just look in musicians friend, sam ash or other suppliers ludwig heads

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=ludwig+bass+drum+heads

or if your not to keen with stock ludwig heads you can get your favorite reso kick head and put a ludwig logo on it
plenty to choose from at ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ludwig+stickers

3.Re:Bass drum head replacement with original logo [Re: jkp] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Brock
Posted on: Nov 9, 2007 10:23 AM

I believe the best place to start would be directly to Ludwig.

At least they would be able to point you in the correct direction.

4.Re:Bass drum head replacement with original logo [Re: jkp] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Drkazmer
Posted on: Nov 24, 2007 8:57 AM

Hi!

I'd like to also have a vintage style Ludwig bass drom front head. But I'm not so keen on having an original one, and it's not that Powerstroke 3 style, but a double-ply one.
So that's why I'd like to buy a white PS3, but the Remo logo is on top of the drumhead. And it's really weird if I have that logo upside down. So why don't Remo print his logo on the under side? Big Smile
I know it's a bit silly idea, but the bass drum front head is used to have your band's or your brand's logo to be printed on.
Also, is it possible to order the PS3 drumhead with the hole installed on it?

5.Re:Bass drum head replacement with original logo [Re: Drkazmer] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: LinchDrumPin
Posted on: Nov 24, 2007 4:02 PM

Drkazmer wrote:
Hi!

I'd like to also have a vintage style Ludwig bass drom front head. But I'm not so keen on having an original one, and it's not that Powerstroke 3 style, but a double-ply one.
So that's why I'd like to buy a white PS3, but the Remo logo is on top of the drumhead. And it's really weird if I have that logo upside down. So why don't Remo print his logo on the under side? Big Smile
I know it's a bit silly idea, but the bass drum front head is used to have your band's or your brand's logo to be printed on.
Also, is it possible to order the PS3 drumhead with the hole installed on it?

The original Ludwig heads are single ply smooth white heads at 10mil medium weight, even if they say "Heavy" on them.

As for a Powerstroke 3, Remo does make a Smooth White Powerstroke 3 with the port installed.

You can remove the Remo logo from the head using acetone, which is essential nail polish remover. Get a cotton ball, put some acetone on the cotton ball and wipe away. Once the logo is gone, grab a cotton ball with some water and wipe away the excess acetone to dilute it.

The part # for a Smooth White Powerstroke 3 with port installed would be: P3-12XX-C1-DM (XX being the size of your drum)

6.Re:Bass drum head replacement with original logo [Re: jkp] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Drkazmer
Posted on: Nov 26, 2007 11:38 AM

It's such a funny construction "failure". Maybe somebody has read from Remo my earth-shattering problem, and they would print their logo at the bottom on bass drum front heads (as they do it on Taiwan-made bass drum heads).
Even though the aceton-method is not bad, and must work, it's a kind of amateur solution. And I'm also proud of Remo! Big Smile

7.Re:Bass drum head replacement with original logo [Re: jkp] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Crusher
Posted on: Nov 26, 2007 6:53 PM

http://remo.com/forum/post/view?bid=3&id=169543&sty=1&tpg=1&age=0

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds