Topic: Remo vs Evans

  Print this page

1.Remo vs Evans Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 6, 2005 10:58 PM

I just came from a clinic I was in

Let me tell you, it was my happiest day ever.. I opened and closed the event with my band, i did three solos later and did freelance solo with a friend of mine. Wow, the best ever.

But the clinic guy, who actually use Artist Birch Premier (and me Premier Cabria), told us that Evans was better. I just got shocked, you know; i've always been a Remo lover.

So guys, can you tell me... is it really Evans better than our beloved Remo? Be sincere.. He told because of tons of things including that Evans was made in usa and Remo in taiwan or sth like that.

I wish you can help me decide using the truth.

2.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: pwc
Posted on: Jun 6, 2005 11:25 PM

What are you using now ? Are you happy with those ?

Don't be overly influenced by the last person you spoke with.

As with all else in life, look, listen, learn but make your own choices.

That's my friendly advice.

3.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Crimbo454
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 4:15 AM

REMO DRUMHEADS!!!!!!!! ill tell ya tho evans does make a pretty good snare head..strong as as hell (G2 Coated) but i still think remo is good all around..but thennn you look at the EMAD..lol...i like evans but i like remo just a litttle bit better

4.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: RvJim
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 4:46 AM

I think it depends on the drum itself that the head is on. Evans heads sound amazing on my Ludwig snares but sound crap on my Toms. I think Evans do make a better snare head, not because the quality of the head is better just that they went to the effort to develope drum heads specifically for snare drums. If Remo did the same it would be likely my entire kit would be REMO but atm I use Evans for my snare drum and the reso's on my Toms. THe Batters all Emporers though.

5.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: RvJim] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Crimbo454
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 4:47 AM

RvJim wrote:
I think it depends on the drum itself that the head is on.


YES I STRONGLY AGREE

6.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: latindrummer
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 6:54 AM

Evans heads are great on toms but they suck in snare and i only play remos on snares so i had to try remos on toms.

7.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: latindrummer] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 10:22 AM

latindrummer wrote:
Evans heads are great on toms but they suck in snare and i only play remos on snares so i had to try remos on toms.


Decide.. evans in toms or snare?? Stupid

Whats better Powerstroke with White Falam or EMAD?

8.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: varientj
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 10:25 AM

i like coated heads. remo's coating BLOWS!!! it chips with every hit, and looks like sheeaahht after 5 minutes.

to their defense, the EMAD blows too. i had one that the plastic ring holding the foamy thing started cracking and coming off. actually, now that i'm listening to ra, i remember it fell off in the middle of our set opening up for them! then i call evans, and they were awesome! they sent me another one, and that broke too!

i've had the best luck with aquarian kick heads, although i have no complaints about the p3 i have on my kick now.

9.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PoorButGood
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 10:39 AM

I like Evans A LOT and I also like Remo. You have to try eat of them out. I feel Evans has Remo beat on snare heads hands down. I have compared a Controlled Sound with a Power Center Reverse Dot and the PCRD owned. They're the same heads, it's just that one has a black dot instead of a clear. Don't count Aquarian out either. I've heard they make some really nice heads. This is what I think you should do, even though it might look funky. If you have a 5 piece kit, get a G2/G1 combo on one of your toms, an Emporer/Ambassador combo on the other, and like a double thin/classic clear on the remaining tom. See which one works better.

10.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 11:16 AM

I think

Im using EMAD clear
But pinstripes in toms cuz its better that any evans, i think.

And snare i dunnoo
Emperor X or what evans head??..

Stupid

11.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 12:07 PM

The EMAD is an amazing kick head, but as of now, I'd go with Remo because of their Smooth White heads.

12.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: psychodrummer] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 12:21 PM

psychodrummer wrote:
The EMAD is an amazing kick head, but as of now, I'd go with Remo because of their Smooth White heads.


Which Remo you'd use in Bass?

...And snare?

13.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 12:24 PM

I use a Powerstroke III on the kick batter and a coated Emperor on the snare. I also use Pinstripes on my Octobans and Roto toms. The only Evans head that I still have on my kit is the Retro Screen on the front of the kick, but I'm not sure if Remo makes a head like it.

14.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PoorButGood
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 1:27 PM

Wait guys, I was wrong, I totally love my Coated Ambassador on my snare. I think I'm gonna have to upgrade to coated ambos all around, when it's time to upgrade from my pins.

15.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: psychodrummer] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 1:32 PM

psychodrummer wrote:
I use a Powerstroke III on the kick batter and a coated Emperor on the snare. I also use Pinstripes on my Octobans and Roto toms. The only Evans head that I still have on my kit is the Retro Screen on the front of the kick, but I'm not sure if Remo makes a head like it.


Yeah, powerstroke, nice choice, is it better than EMAD? Stupid

Or is it because of all the muffing that EMAD has?

And about our evans in the kick, just wait till Remo sells their graphic custom line of kick resonant Big Smile.

16.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: latindrummer
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 1:45 PM

sheep wrote:
Decide.. evans in toms or snare?? Stupid

Whats better Powerstroke with White Falam or EMAD?


Evans on toms.

O f those bass heads............the first that you found in a store.

17.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: latindrummer
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 1:48 PM

sheep wrote:

And snare i dunnoo
Emperor X or what evans head??..



Emperor x is a great snare head i have it and it sounds great on my aluminium snare. You can try Evans Rock AF or genera hd dry.

18.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: RvJim
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 2:01 PM

You have to try eat of them out.

Freudian slip?

19.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Smelly
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 2:04 PM

Aquarian heads are tremendous in my opinion.

20.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: wilddrummerman
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 3:01 PM

i've played remo all my life....however im thinkin about tryin some evans heads cause i have the coated ambass. heads and i hate them with a passion, they suck on toms and the snare is too deep

21.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 3:38 PM

sheep wrote:
Yeah, powerstroke, nice choice, is it better than EMAD? Stupid


It's kinda hard to tell. I loved them both. I didn't need any internal muffling with the EMAD, where with the PSIII I use an Evans EQ pad. That's the only real difference that I can tell.

22.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: psychodrummer] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 5:20 PM

And which snare side head is better?

Huh? Stupid

23.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: snarehead88
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 6:02 PM

Dud. There is no "best" snare side head. Nowhere, Never, Nohow. The ambassador snare side head is a very "good" snare side head. Very good but not the "best".

24.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Adam
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 6:07 PM

Your friend is partially right.

Evans are made in the States, and so are most Remo heads.

There are ones made in Asia that are "factory" heads.. meaning that if you pick up a new Mapex, etc.. kit.. it will have "UT" Remo's, which are the non-USA ones.

25.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: hardcorechops
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 7:28 PM

I personally like both, I've used both for a while, I'm still in the process of trying new heads and seeing which ones i like (trial and error stag?),However, I've used more Evans than remo, especially on my snares. Right now The only Remo heads I have on my set is a Coated ambassador on the resonant side of my bass, Ambassador snare side on one of my snares, and a Coated emperor on my tama snare, All my other drums have evans.

26.Decided finally, i think [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 8:30 PM

I gave it a long thought.
Looking around, etc.

I have finally decided, i think Big Smile

I'm gonna use REMO.
Emperor X in my metal snare.
Coated ambassador in my wood snare.
Pinstripe in toms.
Powerstroke in bass.
Ambassador in all resonants.

I'm still thinking about EMAD but i gotta try first powerstroke to have some idea, cuz I've already use EMAD and i like it.

27.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PoorButGood
Posted on: Jun 7, 2005 10:04 PM

All of your selection sounds great except I think you should consider Emporers (clear) on your toms.

28.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 11:05 AM

Yes, Emperors rock my world!!! I perfer the Smooth Whites, but clears give you a really great sound too.

29.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 12:21 PM

But guys..

Can you give me a reason why Emperor?

And why is it better than pinstripe?

Thanks

30.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PoorButGood
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 12:28 PM

I sure can give a reason why Emporers and not Pinstripes.
Emporers have more sustain but not too much. It's controlled if you will. Pinstripes just totally murder your drums. you can tap on the floor (w/ carpet) and get the same sound as a Pinstripe will get you, (well there was some exaggeration there but you catch my drift.) Emporers let the drums "breathe" more and they kind of sing better. I have the coated and I'm trying to get clears so I can a get a little more sustain (ring) on my toms.

31.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 1:40 PM

But I am a rock, metal drummer.

What could fit me more?

I just saw Powerstroke 4 and it seems interesting.

What do u think?

32.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 1:45 PM

The Powerstroke 4 is a two ply, heavily muffled head. It will kill your sound more than any Pinstripe. I wouldn't recomend it for anything, except maybe snare if you really want to kill the ring. I find Emperors give you the best of everything. Alot of durability, plenty of resonance, a nice punchy tone. Great heads for rock.

33.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: ComfortablyNumb
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 1:58 PM

These guys speak the truth.

Also consider - If you end up not liking the sound of the Emperors, a bit of muffling (say, a moongel) and you essentially have a pinstripe. However, if you buy the Pinstripes and want a little less muffling, you're SOL.

34.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: ComfortablyNumb] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 2:15 PM

ComfortablyNumb wrote:
These guys speak the truth.

Also consider - If you end up not liking the sound of the Emperors, a bit of muffling (say, a moongel) and you essentially have a pinstripe. However, if you buy the Pinstripes and want a little less muffling, you're SOL.


I dont understand SOL

Embaressed

35.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PoorButGood
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 2:21 PM

sheep wrote:
I dont understand SOL

Embaressed

I'm gonna guess it means "so outta luck" Blush

36.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 2:28 PM

Oh

So i guess I'm gonna try first Emperor.

Thanks, psycho and the others who cleared my doubts.

I'll try and then I'll give you my opinion.

SmileBig Smile

37.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 2:47 PM

Good for you. Tune them well, and you will be pleased.

38.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Nico
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 3:31 PM

You guys are so lucky....Here we only have pins or clear ambs for toms, and fiberskins or coated ambs for snare. It sucks.
And the evans dealer only carry the G1 and Gdry..
Lucky, lucky ,lucky. End of sentence.
Cheers!

39.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: Nico] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 3:35 PM

Nico wrote:
You guys are so lucky....Here we only have pins or clear ambs for toms, and fiberskins or coated ambs for snare. It sucks.
And the evans dealer only carry the G1 and Gdry..
Lucky, lucky ,lucky. End of sentence.
Cheers!


Buscate un distribuidor en México, aqui tenemos de todo Wink

Too bad Sad.
That means you can start your own business, and earn a lot

Oh My God

40.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: hardcorechops
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 5:16 PM

tambien pueden ordenar por el internet!

41.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 8:16 PM

Hey another question

For rock

What could fit best?

Emperor or Smooth White?

Can you help me out? pyscho, you must know bout this, but gimme a good reason :p

42.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: snarehead88
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 8:55 PM

The regular clear emperor and the smooth white emperors fit rock very well. The smooth white give you the clear but with some smooth white material on it. The reason it is smooth white is bcuz regular coated heads are white but are not smooth and they have a thicker layer of coating. The smooth white is supposed to be a bit darker (barely noticibal) than the regular clear. Both great for rock but I say go with the smooth white and you will have the best of both heads. Plus the smooth white dont show as much marks and really dont need muffling but you could if you wanted.

43.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Rory
Posted on: Jun 8, 2005 9:06 PM

go aquarian performance II's!!!

44.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: snarehead88] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 11:19 AM

snarehead88 wrote:
I say go with the smooth white and you will have the best of both heads.


That is very true.

45.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 11:29 AM

Ok..

But I guess I'm gonna try first clear Emperor because my yellow Premier drum kit looks better with clear heads and having a good looking drum kit makes me feel more comfortable. So thats what I gonna do, I'm buying moongel also to try different sounds til I get the one I want. If not, I'm try smooth white :p.

Thanks guys.

46.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Bugg
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 12:43 PM

I have a powerstroke three on bass, coated emporer on snare, and coated emperors on my toms, although they are too heavy for my toms. I like the clear ambassidors for my toms better, really enhance teh brightness of the birch. Evens however, doesn't make amazing snare drum heads, but an Emporer X I've heard is a good head, it all comes down to preference. However for tom batters, I wouldn't use Evans.

47.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Bugg
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 12:44 PM

and another thing... I hate pinstripes, too ringy, don't like any muffling on my toms either. I don't know how they are muffled and still so freaking ringy.

48.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 1:51 PM

I had the exact opposite problem when I used Pinstripes. They killed my tom's sound. I like my toms wide open.

49.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Bugg
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 3:34 PM

It might be partially because I used them on an old basswood kit, but either way, now I have an all birch set and emperors or Ambasidors sound great on them, so I'll stick with that.

50.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: psychodrummer
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 3:36 PM

Yes, Ambassadors are great heads.

51.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 3:39 PM

In a mahogany wood, how would emperor, pinstripe and smooth white sound?

I got a Birch with evans, it sounds awesome. But my Cabria, recently bought, its mahogany wood and brought me everplay heads so thats why I'm asking what could i do to have a good sound for rock.

Thx.

52.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Bugg
Posted on: Jun 9, 2005 3:53 PM

I think that in general, a good sounding head will sound good on no matter what set you put it on as long as tuning and such is good.

I would never recoment pinstipes at all. For rock, emperors, smooth whites, or ambasidors would all work out great. Ambasidors however, I'll admit will last the shortest amount of time out of all three heads, but are the least expensive, haha. Ambasidors will sound bright, and have lots of sustain, coated emperors will have more of a warmth to them, and less sustain, and smooth whites are in the middle. I think that mahogony is a warmish wood? I'm not sure, someone correct me on that if I'm wrong, but I'd go with coated ambasidors, haha. They'll give you that good single-ply sustain and such with a little less of the ring, so slightly warmer than a clear head, but brighter than a smooth white, also I hate clear heads for cosmetic reasons, especially on batter heads. I don't have a single clear head on my set. Anywho, that's all for now.

53.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 11, 2005 1:02 PM

So, I, went to my music store sponsor.
I went asking for Emperor and Ambassador.

And guess what? They don't sell Remo Sad.
So it doesnt worth all the asking I have made before.

Now I'm an Evans drummer :p.
My music store gives me 20% off in every product I buy, so basically, I accepted the deal Big Smile.
I search and decided to use Hydraulic batters and G1 resonant Big Smile. Power Center and Hazy 300 for snare. EMAD for bass Big Smile.

So guys, any comment about the choice? About the hydraulic or the power center 'cause I'm not sure how PC could work.

I haven't buy the drumheads yet, just went to assure what I was gonna buy :p.

Thanks god, my music store still sell what I want: Premier, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Tama and ... Evans.

Thanks guys..

54.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PapaSmurf
Posted on: Jun 11, 2005 1:11 PM

www.aquariandrumheads.com

Mmm......performance II's.

55.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: PapaSmurf] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 11, 2005 1:13 PM

PapaSmurf wrote:
www.aquariandrumheads.com

Mmm......performance II's.


As I've told, I have to use the one my music store sponsor gives me :p. So I'm keeping myself with Evans.

But I want good clear Evans, cuz in my Artist Birch I use coated Big Smile, and the Cabria looks cool with clear ones.

56.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: PoorButGood
Posted on: Jun 11, 2005 1:15 PM

And all this time we've been telling you not to get PINSTRIPES! What do you do? Go and buy the Evans equivalent: the Hyraulics. Why don't you get a freakin' set of clear G2s instead for the top of your toms. I have the Power Center Reverse Dot and it was pretty nice snare if you're not after doing ghost notes and such. I took it off and put a coated Ambassador on. What a great head! It fits what i do very well. Since you play heavy metal/rock stuff, you will be better off with a snare head that has a dot in the middle like the one you were going after. Good luck.

57.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 11, 2005 1:22 PM

Oh, I didnt know that Hydraulic were the equivalent.

So, later on, I'll go checking for clear G2. And I'm gonna use the Power Center cuz it has a dot.

Thanks, Poorbutgood Big Smile.

58.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Adam
Posted on: Jun 11, 2005 3:23 PM

They're not equivalent.

Pinstripes have no oil in them, they're just slightly dampened 2 ply heads.

Pins will definitely be more resonant than Hydraulics, too.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a set of Performance II's.

59.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: pgdrums
Posted on: Jun 12, 2005 8:27 AM

sheep wrote:
Oh, I didnt know that Hydraulic were the equivalent.

Pinstripes and hydraulics are not equivalents. They're very different heads. Anyone who tells you that they're equivalent probably has never used hydraulics and isn't qualified to comment on them.

60.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 12, 2005 8:38 AM

pgdrums wrote:
Pinstripes and hydraulics are not equivalents. They're very different heads. Anyone who tells you that they're equivalent probably has never used hydraulics and isn't qualified to comment on them.


Oh My God

So, let me try first Hydraulic.
And have my own opinion, then.

61.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: hardcorechops
Posted on: Jun 12, 2005 9:03 PM

nope, pinstripes and hydraulics are not the same head!!!!i dont get why people who dont like hydraulics try to convince other people not to like them as well, i personally am not a big fan of them but hey, you have to let every drummer try their own heads, who knows, they might prefer the attack they get from the hydros and stick with them, and sheep, i get the feeling you're hesitant on getting evans, dont be, they have very good quality heads,I've been switching from remo to evans back and forth for a while and i'm starting to lean more towards evans, i'm pretty sure you'll find something you like, the power center is a very good choice, one of my personal favorite snare heads because it gives you the open sound and better tunning ranges of a 1 ply head, but the dot gives you durability that matches a 2 ply, i'm pretty sure you'll like it(at least not hate it), the emad is a good choice as well, i have one on my bass, love it but although i do want to try the EQ1, i've heard lots of good things about that head, I'm all for you trying hydraulics, my drum instructer has had blue hydraulics on his 1970's slingerland for years, he loves them, they have a really nice attack and you dont have to worry about any overtone, give them a shot, you might like them. If worse comes to worse, get different heads next time you have to get heads for your toms. It's all about trying new things. Also, dont stick to clear heads because you think they look better, you should focuse on sound, not looks....anyways, happy hunting compadre!...lol

62.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 12, 2005 9:28 PM

Thanks hardcore

I guess you are right in everything you say.

I must try first the Hydraulic. I have to use Evans because my music store sponsor forced me to. So, thats why Ive been asking because I was Remo player myself. So Im gonna try Hydraulic.

I know you are right about the looking. Yes, I do care about sound. But looking is also important to me, because when I sit down and see the kit i'm playing, I want it to look cool so as I can have a better performance cuz I'll be glad while playing. Thats why Im gonna try Hydraulic cuz theyre gonna look awesome in my kit and later I'll check the sound, and If I dont like em, I wont stick to em, and Im gonna try other clear. If I dont like em either, then Im using coated. Its all of matter of taste and kinda luck.

Thanks again hardcore :d.

63.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: hardcorechops
Posted on: Jun 13, 2005 9:07 AM

sheep wrote:

I know you are right about the looking. Yes, I do care about sound. But looking is also important to me, because when I sit down and see the kit i'm playing, I want it to look cool so as I can have a better performance cuz I'll be glad while playing. Thats why Im gonna try Hydraulic cuz theyre gonna look awesome in my kit and later I'll check the sound.........

Thanks again hardcore :d.


well, if you go with looks, i think coated heads look the best, hydraulics also come in blue and black so those might look cool too, i personally, when it comes to looks, dont like the look of clear heads unless its an acrylic drum, but hey, whatever suits your boat you know, its like girls, some of us like brunnets, others like blondes, and i guess some dont even like girls(but thats besides the point)...we all have different taste in sound and looks so just go with whatever you like, coated heads *cough* *cough*...lol

64.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: varientj] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: adayunknown
Posted on: Jun 13, 2005 4:12 PM

varientj wrote:
i like coated heads. remo's coating BLOWS!!! it chips with every hit, and looks like sheeaahht after 5 minutes.

[\quote]

i have all coated emps from remo.

i have had them for 2 months now. i beat the hell out of them and the coated is still in good shape. they look good too....

so maybe you got a ***ty head or something. i dunno. brand new heads i put on like i said 2 monthes ago. and they are nice. maybe you got a bad batch???

65.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: sheep
Posted on: Jun 13, 2005 5:40 PM

what?

i didnt get anything what u said or quoted, i think

66.Re:Remo vs Evans [Re: sheep] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: SONORman
Posted on: Jun 23, 2005 5:00 AM

I used a Evans EQ2 bass drum head when they were first marketed in Australia. I thought it was the best sound my kick had ever produced!
In addition to this it was very reasonably priced..little did I know that it was an introductory price! When I finally wanted to replace it, the price had jumped by $50!
So I guess what I have realised is that REMO are the best head in their price range!
The kit I used the Evans on was a SONOR Signiature seires.
I am not a SONOR endorsee, and I use REMO pinstripes on all toms, and kick (With patch!) And REMO flam powder on my snare.
I use a SONOR S class Pro kit now, and these are the heads that SONOR recommend for my kit.
After all REMO make all of SONOR's heads and that is what they are designed for!

Using anything else is like buying a Porche and putting a Daihatsu engine in it and expecting it to still go as fast!

S Class Pro.bmp (377.48k)

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.
   
 
Page was generated in 90 milliseconds