Topic: Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride

Print this page

1.Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride Copy to clipboard
Posted by: pgdrums
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 8:24 AM

I don't usually get too excited about the "I just bought a new cymbal" threads, but it seems like a slow news day here in Remoland today, so oh well.

Last weekend I bought a new 20" K Zildjian ride cymbal. I had an old 20" Avedis Zildjian ride that's over 20 years old. Not sure of the exact model, but it's thick and loud. Wanted something a little more appropriate for jazz.

So I headed to the drum store, and I had my decision narrowed down to the 20" K Custom medium ride, the 20" K ride, and the 20" A Custom Projection ride.

I fell in love with the A Custom Projection ride. It had really great stick definition, and I loved the bell sound. Just a pretty sounding cymbal to my ears. Ultimately I went with the plain old K because I thought it would be a little more versatile. The A Custom Projection was louder and had a less jazzy sound, though I think I would really have loved it for R&B and rock. I still may get one someday, but I went with the greater versatility for now.

If you're looking for a new ride and don't need the versatility that I was looking for, check out the 20" A Custom Projection ride.

2.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: emo_metal
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 8:46 AM

i was about to buy one about a month ago, but i didnt have enough. i've heard them, and i love them. i would aslo give the thumbs up to nyone who is thinkin about it

3.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Nico
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 9:22 AM

My cousin has one, and it really sounds good. Great bell definition and volume.
As PG stated, it's a great ride for rock.
Oh well, for now I have to settle with my K custom med ride, but the A custom kicks major butt.
Cheers!
BTW: why didn't you like the k cust med??

4.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Invertalon
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 9:44 AM

I use the 20'A custom projection ride and LOVE it. I love the stick definition and bell very much! It's crash abilities are not too bad either for being thick. Great cymbal!

5.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: emo_metal
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 9:48 AM

ive always wondered about the crash sound on that. is it to loud of a sound? or to washy?

6.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Invertalon
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 10:24 AM

It is very loud when crashed! It def has a thicker sound then any crash I use but has a great tone IMO. When I want a VERY cutting sound I start crashing it and it does the job without sounding too metallic or clangy. I feel it is a very versitile ride.

7.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: fvgazi
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 10:39 AM

I'm not too partial to the sound of the projection ride, but the 21" one sounds like an awesome ride for rock.

8.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: Nico] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: pgdrums
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 11:01 AM

Nico wrote:
BTW: why didn't you like the k cust med??

I actually did like it. It made it into my top 3. I just liked the articulation of the standard K a little better.

9.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Adam
Posted on: Oct 4, 2005 12:50 PM

A Custom Rides are great cymbals.

I'm using a Medium (22") ride, and I couldn't be more happy with it.. I wish the bell was slightly bigger, though.

Great cymbal.

10.Re:Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride [Re: pgdrums] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: NOTtoeknee
Posted on: Oct 5, 2005 7:13 AM

good choice (K's are the balm)

i heard zildjian is slowing production on them (and allot of stores are getting rid eof some series and not keeping them in stock anymore) could be a rumor (started by my buddy at sam ash) but i was going to take any chances (i bought a 17 K custom crash)

they had a bunch more there too (but im broke)<< i say that alot

(back to the topic) i love projection crashes but all of the projection cymbals have a controled pitch (almost like they have a difined note) but i plan on getting a couple to replace my two main crashes (that or Zcustoms) << just for shows, i know both of them cut really well but im gonna let my check book decide for me

congrats on the buy

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 25 milliseconds