Remo
DrumTalk » Ask Remo

ut heads
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster ut heads
barnaby

Score: 0
No. 1 Posted on Feb 5, 2006 5:03 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have just purchased a new mapex m birch kit. It comes with ut heads fitted. I have just fitted pinstripe tom heads and an ambassador snare head to my other kit. Are the ut heads a) better quality than the pinstripes, b) more or less expensive. Also I cannot find them listed anywhere are the exclusivley made for mapex, the ut ones that is.

RvJim

Reverend

Score: 30
No. 2 Posted on Feb 5, 2006 5:07 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
UT heads are heads made generally for new kits... Some music stores sell them, but they are lower quality than your normal Remo heads.

I recommend replacing them.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
Adam

Score: 29
No. 3 Posted on Feb 5, 2006 5:13 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
UT's are crimplock Ambassadors, made in Asia.

Internet ass bag.
I'm Canadian, eh?
barnaby

No. 4 Posted on Feb 5, 2006 6:28 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
What exactly are crimplock ambassador heads, are they different from normal anbassador heads.

Adam

Score: 29
No. 5 Posted on Feb 5, 2006 6:36 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes, they're different.

UT's are crimplocked, like marching heads.

Regular Remo heads are "open channeled" heads (The way they're glued), which allows you to get a better tone out of them.

Internet ass bag.
I'm Canadian, eh?
LinchDrumPin

PrRckFry

Score: 44
No. 6 Posted on Feb 6, 2006 5:43 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Adam wrote:
Yes, they're different.

UT's are crimplocked, like marching heads.

Regular Remo heads are "open channeled" heads (The way they're glued), which allows you to get a better tone out of them.

Regular Remo Weatherking heads also come in a crimplock version. These are generally made for marching drums that require hi-tension and further tuning ranges than a regular open channel epoxy head.

iceo

Drum On!

Score: 1
No. 7 Posted on Feb 7, 2006 9:48 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
yep.i think they are made exclusively for mapex.change them as soon as possible.

Ten Degrees Of Drumming Turbulence !!

barnaby

No. 8 Posted on Feb 7, 2006 2:55 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
If I replace them which heads would be best. On my old kit I have remo pinstripes on the toms and an ambassador on the snare. My new kit has the following drums an 8" 10" 12" and 14" toms and 14" snare. Would the same be ok again or would something like evans be better. Any advise most welcome as my new mapex kit is the first "proper" kit i've owned.

pwc

Score: 18
No. 9 Posted on Feb 7, 2006 3:09 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You will find that new Remo heads that are the same as your old kit's heads are "proper" too - to match your "proper" kit.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Brock

Super Moderator

No. 10 Posted on Feb 10, 2006 2:56 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
U.T. heads are a crimped drumhead made by Remo in China or Taiwan. They are not crimplock. U.T. heads are made with a steel insert ring inside the aluminum channel instead of an adhesive pour. Remo Weatherking heads, all made in the U.S., have an adheisve poured in the channel. We believe that the sound quality of the poured head is superior to that of the crimped head.

SpliffBurton

%$&*@#!

Score: 7
No. 11 Posted on Feb 15, 2006 11:06 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
...and they aren't exclusive to Mapex.

Mapex Pro-M and their lower lines use them as stock heads...

The upper Mapex Saturn and Orion lines have WeatherKing Clear Ambassadors on toms, Coated Ambassador on the snare, and Clear Powerstroke 3 bass batter / Ebony Powerstroke 3 resonant heads as stock.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 27 milliseconds