Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

iron cobra vs. pearl eliminator
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster iron cobra vs. pearl eliminator
Xanos

Let go

No. 1 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 6:03 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
you read the title. what is your view? My choice is the pearl eliminator personally. I put them side to side in a drum shop, and, i thought there was no comparison. But, let's hear from you.

Gepetto

No. 2 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 6:42 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I quite like both, but I own an Iron Cobra, so I'll go with that. It just seems more rugged, and the power glide gives me a ton more power and punch than the elims do, even though I do like the elims quite a bit too.

A Skeleton walks into a bar, asks for a beer and a mop
Rory

No. 3 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 6:48 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
elinators all the fecking way dudes! i have the double myself. eventhough if i had the money id buy some axis pedals

psychodrummer

Pikachu!!!

No. 4 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 7:08 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well, If I had the choice, I'd go with a DW 9000, but out of the two, I'd pick the Eliminator. From what I've seen, it holds up better than the Cobra, or at least the Cobra that I owned.

Gretsch Renown Maple drums, among other stuff

www.filthandfury.net
http://www.purevolume.com/filthandfury

-Alex

taye

No. 5 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 7:33 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
from what ive seen the cobras are used more by metal drummers... i dont know why but here in hicksville everyone wants the cobras and wont even think of the eliminators... i have a double eliminator and its so sweet... but yea... eliminators no question about it...

Bugg

No. 6 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 7:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thrash metal drummers definatly use the corbras more, not by a little, but overwhelmingly. I wouldn't recomend anything DW, they have a tendancy to snap the chain, the chain connection, and even the footboard right and half. the DW 9000 and 5000's foot plates are identicle too. They don't have any support ribs underneath the pedal etc. And to be honnest, I'd go with the corbras, although you can't go wrong with either one really, they are both great pedals. If you have the money, go axis. =)

Rory

No. 7 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 8:33 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
nah easily just as many metal drummers use elims

PoorButGood

Steve Smith and I

No. 8 Posted on Feb 27, 2005 9:23 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've never played any of them for like a long time to determine which is better but if I were to choose upon looks, I'd go with ANY of the Pearl hardware. They just look superior and are great in terms of durability.

Drumming is NOT a sport; it's an art form.

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/marcusbaylor.html
Tattoofun

No. 9 Posted on Feb 28, 2005 9:18 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
DW does have a weak link thier pedal borads. They may be smooth but if your a hard hitter, they be unreliable. I'm a IC power glide myself. The Elims. just seem to be a bit unresponsive to my feet, just not as quick as my cobras. Then again, I didnt set them up to my liking and I'm used to the cobras.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato

LilDrmr

No. 10 Posted on Feb 28, 2005 12:29 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
psychodrummer wrote:
Well, If I had the choice, I'd go with a DW 9000, but out of the two, I'd pick the Eliminator. From what I've seen, it holds up better than the Cobra, or at least the Cobra that I owned.

Me to Sad

I love my PDP kit, the Royal Onyx, the pillow, the maple shells, I love my PDP kit
Drmrkid

No. 11 Posted on Feb 28, 2005 4:39 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have a cobra and its all right.I havent really tried out the eliminator (double).
Ive used the single and I like the Eliminator better

Nate

Yeah

Im cool

psychodrummer

Pikachu!!!

No. 12 Posted on Feb 28, 2005 6:48 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Wierd, my DW 9002 has outlasted my old Cobra by at least a year, and I never even gigged with the Cobra.

Gretsch Renown Maple drums, among other stuff

www.filthandfury.net
http://www.purevolume.com/filthandfury

-Alex

Rory

No. 13 Posted on Feb 28, 2005 8:28 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lol, each to their own i guess

*coughcobrasaregay*

TisCrayons

bahaha

No. 14 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 5:00 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
why gay? why not jewish or christian? while we're at it, why dont you call them too preppy or gothic? jeez...come on man. calling things gay is getting old.

Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church

Rory

No. 15 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 5:19 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
i know its a bad habit, it really is

HardcoreMoore

No. 16 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 7:22 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
being gay is the most socially unacceptable of the 4. that's why the statement "that's gay" works.

NO MORE!!!! i shouldn't of done this. about pedals......

i have iron cobras with the axis driveshaft linkage upgrade and they effing rule. but if you have the money go with the black axis longboards. they make me drool.

adayunknown

No. 17 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 11:32 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
im a huge fan of tama products....

ive tried iron cobras out side by side with the elims...

personally id go with the IC.

but go with what you like better man.

j.beers
www.myspace.com/manuscript
Xanos

Let go

No. 18 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 12:16 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pearl is just so much better. Period. Anyone who thinks cobras are better. Line them side by side, and play. It'll turn anyone to elims.

Xanos edited on Mar 1, 2005 6:49 PM

Rob

abstract art

No. 19 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 1:09 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
what, your post totally contradicts itself

Rory

No. 20 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 1:23 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
hahahah xanos your really not helping!

o yeah, hardcore the axis thing, you know the thingy that connects the slave and the main. thoose things make it feel like 2 singles right? i really want one of thoose, but there like $100 on their own

i want axis' so goddanm much!

Tattoofun

No. 21 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 4:46 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I was all in on the axis pedals until I realized how far back I let the beater and footboard rebound before I start another stroke. They get to far back and it gets past the point that the direct drive goes vertical and I have to push it over the "hump" to get it to go on the full stroke. Does that explination make any sence?

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato

Rory

No. 22 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 5:07 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lol, yeah it does, what dija do with them? if you still have them can have them!!!

laststand

No. 23 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 5:15 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have owned an Iron Cobra, and have played Eliminators. My choice is the Iron cobra. I think both pedals can reach the feel you want. It comes down to durability, and i never had a problem with my Iron Cobra, but my friend says if he plays for a while his pedal starts to loosen itself(could be due to him) So personally i like the Iron Cobras more.

laststand

No. 24 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 5:16 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have owned an Iron Cobra, and have played Eliminators. My choice is the Iron cobra. I think both pedals can reach the feel you want. It comes down to durability, and i never had a problem with my Iron Cobra, but my friend says if he plays for a while his pedal starts to loosen itself(could be due to him) So personally i like the Iron Cobras more.

Xanos

Let go

No. 25 Posted on Mar 1, 2005 6:51 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
the dreaded....double post

Go to page 12 Next

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 52 milliseconds