Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Re:Double Kick and High Hat
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Topic Moved
This topic has been moved by - Crusher , Feb 14, 2009 8:34 AM
You may read the board announcement or contact board moderators for the reasons.
Poster Double Kick and High Hat
SHDrummer182

No. 1 Posted on Feb 13, 2009 8:26 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
OK!
I am super happy that i just ordered my new double kick pedal

VEX baby

but i jsut have one question do i need a special high hat stand or can i just move some stuff around or w.e

if i need a new one or just need to do w.e please send me links
I live in canada in Mississauag so if there are and cheap stores send me the link

Boettcher68

Tim

No. 2 Posted on Feb 13, 2009 8:34 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
SHDrummer182 wrote:
OK!
I am super happy that i just ordered my new double kick pedal

VEX baby

but i jsut have one question do i need a special high hat stand or can i just move some stuff around or w.e

if i need a new one or just need to do w.e please send me links
I live in canada in Mississauag so if there are and cheap stores send me the link

Generally, if your a right handed drummer, you'll probably need to move your hihat stand a little to the left. If your hihat stand has three legs, you may have to either remove one of the legs (drill out rivet) or purchase a new two legged one. Other than that, your probably good to go!

lilblakdak

No. 3 Posted on Feb 14, 2009 8:17 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You dont need to remove a leg or get a new stand. 99.9% of the stands on the planet you can remove the set screw and rotate the legs out of your way.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
Boettcher68

Tim

No. 4 Posted on Feb 14, 2009 8:24 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lilblakdak wrote:
You dont need to remove a leg or get a new stand. 99.9% of the stands on the planet you can remove the set screw and rotate the legs out of your way.

Weird, I've had two of them throughout the years, my be the area huh Wink. If ya dont, then you dont, but IF you do, drilling the rivets out is quite simple.

BTW, I didnt know you played a double pedal.

Boettcher68 edited on Feb 14, 2009 8:41 AM

lilblakdak

No. 5 Posted on Feb 15, 2009 7:21 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Boettcher68 wrote:
Weird, I've had two of them throughout the years, my be the area huh Wink. If ya dont, then you dont, but IF you do, drilling the rivets out is quite simple.

BTW, I didnt know you played a double pedal.

Played double pedals for years. When I said the 99.9% I was including ones that you had to take the setscrew/rivet out. Big Smile

Boettcher68

Tim

No. 6 Posted on Feb 15, 2009 7:25 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lilblakdak wrote:
Played double pedals for years. When I said the 99.9% I was including ones that you had to take the setscrew/rivet out. Big Smile

My last 2 hihat stands did not swivel. My IC swivels and only has two legs.

Just giving him options, thats all.

lilblakdak

No. 7 Posted on Feb 15, 2009 7:44 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Boettcher68 wrote:
My last 2 hihat stands did not swivel. My IC swivels and only has two legs.

Just giving him options, thats all.

If you look in the bottom ring of your legs there will be a set screw or rivet. Remove that and you can swivel your legs.

Boettcher68

Tim

No. 8 Posted on Feb 15, 2009 7:51 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lilblakdak wrote:
If you look in the bottom ring of your legs there will be a set screw or rivet. Remove that and you can swivel your legs.

Trust me, there is no "set screw" as you call it. They were from the 70's.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 29 milliseconds