Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Ming carbon fiber composite drums from Taiwan
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Ming carbon fiber composite drums from Taiwan
jormo

No. 1 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 7:07 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Light Weight, Strength Shell, Powerful Sound is only carbon fiber composite drum.
Perfect drums are only by Ming drum.
The Ming carbon fiber composite drum that use REMO drumhead will be matchless.
Welcom to Ming drum website:www.mingdrum.com

(Click the picture to view the original one)

moneyowen

No. 2 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 7:28 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Wow how come no one ever made carbon fiber drums before?

tempusdrums.com

BrandonPorter

For you

No. 3 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 9:16 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Also, I detect...

"For as the world became flooded with information, the question of how much one knew assumed more importance than the question of what uses one made of what one did know." --Neil Postman
pbloxam

Sound-Master

No. 4 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 11:42 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
If you look closely, One tension bolt doesn't line up straight and one is missing!!!! and all the bottom ones aren't even tight and one is missing!!!

I am not sure about the "Perfect drums are only by Ming drum" thing!!!!!

LMAO!!!!Big Smile

Some sit wondering...Others are doing while you waste time wondering....

www.myspace.com/drummerfromhellion
seeitshimmer

No. 5 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 2:32 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pbloxam wrote:
If you look closely, One tension bolt doesn't line up straight and one is missing!!!! and all the bottom ones aren't even tight and one is missing!!!

I am not sure about the "Perfect drums are only by Ming drum" thing!!!!!

LMAO!!!!Big Smile

It's the new tuning style! I am surprised you haven't seen it yet. It allows for a more dynamic drum with a multitude of tones (all at once). This was once considered "out of tune" but it is now the "thing" to do. You should try it some time!

jbscoops92

No. 6 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 2:47 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BrandonPorter wrote:
Also, I detect...

Ditto! Big Smile

FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/JBSCOOPS92
jormo

No. 7 Posted on Oct 27, 2009 11:12 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Ming Artist snare for Mike Estatof
First carbon fiber combine Kevlar snare with carbon fiber hoops in the world.
The rim shock of Ming carbon fiber hoops is most sound. It can give off clear and loud sound. It is not sharp like metal hoops and strength than wood hoops.
We need the drumhead more match our snare.

pwc

No. 8 Posted on Oct 28, 2009 3:34 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Send a 12" snare to Thailand and I will happily test it with a variety of heads .... Big Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
pbloxam

Sound-Master

No. 9 Posted on Oct 28, 2009 4:35 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
jormo wrote:
Ming Artist snare for Mike Estatof
First carbon fiber combine Kevlar snare with carbon fiber hoops in the world.
The rim shock of Ming carbon fiber hoops is most sound. It can give off clear and loud sound. It is not sharp like metal hoops and strength than wood hoops.
We need the drumhead more match our snare.

that is one gorgeous snare!!!! Wow!!!

jormo

No. 10 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 5:13 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
jbscoops92 wrote:
Ditto! Big Smile

No!!it is 100% carbon fiber snare and hoops.
The thickness of shell is just about 1.6m/m, but it has high
strength and unprecedented sound.

pwc

No. 11 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 5:25 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dear friend from Taiwan.

English is a difficult language with many "slang" words used. SPAM is indeed a brand of tinned meat but it is also a term used for unsolicited advertising which your posts are.

On this drum forum, anyone can contribute drum related ideas and even non drum related ideas but straight advertising as you are doing is not really allowed and is termed SPAM.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
OldFart

Mapex

No. 12 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 5:49 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pwc wrote:
Dear friend from Taiwan.

English is a difficult language with many "slang" words used. SPAM is indeed a brand of tinned meat but it is also a term used for unsolicited advertising which your posts are.

On this drum forum, anyone can contribute drum related ideas and even non drum related ideas but straight advertising as you are doing is not really allowed and is termed SPAM.

Right.

Peter's trying to be courteous and helpful. He is a very wise man.

As it turns out, Peter is also Remo Drum Talk's product tester for the Southeast Asia region of the world. Perhaps you weren't aware of that before. That's okay, now you know.

Please PM Peter as to where to send your products so he can test, photograph and post an in-depth review .

Thank you Smile

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
pbloxam

Sound-Master

No. 13 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 6:03 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Jormo,

I am the official tester of snare drums for the United States and I am looking forward to testing your products also...

Please pm me so I can tell you where to send one of each of your snare drums....Big Smile

I visited the Ming site and will need some of the carbon fiber snares as well as the carbonfiber/glass snares ....Tongue

I can of course cover shipping costs to me but you will have to cover costs to get them back!!!Approved

Sincerly,

Phil Bloxam
US Rep
WCEY Corporation
W.E. Cheatem Young Corp.)

Crusher

No. 14 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 6:31 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
So far 4 posts all advertising for this company. Please I don't feel like banning your account for spam but this does violate the rules which can easily be found in general talk under rules stickied to the top of the page. We do appreciate the dact that you represent this company but it does seem that you made the account just to advertise for them.

Musicians Wisdom

Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
BrandonPorter

For you

No. 15 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 7:05 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I, too, am a new drum product tester. For the state of Ohio. Please send me a new Carbon Fiber snare drum and I'll write a 2 page review.

"For as the world became flooded with information, the question of how much one knew assumed more importance than the question of what uses one made of what one did know." --Neil Postman
jormo

No. 16 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 9:08 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pwc wrote:
Dear friend from Taiwan.

Hello,
Thank you give me these suggestions.
I am a new member of drum talk and I will try to understand more regular in these, wish everyone can tell me more thing.
I just want to show the unique drums for everyone.
I think many people did not see this style drums before.
I know REMO drumhead is very nice, but I didn't use REMO drumhead before.
Who can suggest me which series of Remo drumhead are good for using on fiber, brass and copper snares?
I usually use 4"*14" and play metal style.

jbscoops92

No. 17 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 2:57 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
jormo wrote:
No!!it is 100% carbon fiber snare and hoops.
The thickness of shell is just about 1.6m/m, but it has high
strength and unprecedented sound.

?

FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/JBSCOOPS92
moneyowen

No. 18 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 3:02 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
jormo wrote:

I know REMO drumhead is very nice, but I didn't use REMO drumhead before.
Who can suggest me which series of Remo drumhead are good for using on fiber, brass and copper snares?

Hi I am sure you are a good guy. According to your original post, these drums are practically made for Remo heads. In fact, you wrote:
"The Ming carbon fiber composite drum that use REMO drumhead will be matchless."

SO I have to question, are they matchless? or you have never used one before?
It doesn't make sense.
It's against the rules
Other companies make carbon fiber drums hell even Pearl invented one.

We are a rather fun bunch here, but do not come here solely to try and sell product. It insults both of us.

Timekeep69

No. 19 Posted on Oct 29, 2009 4:26 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I do carbon fiber shells too, They're VERY expensive though.

Simeonbl

Simeon Boys-Layton

No. 20 Posted on Nov 16, 2009 12:07 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
jormo wrote:
Light Weight, Strength Shell, Powerful Sound is only carbon fiber composite drum.
Perfect drums are only by Ming drum.
The Ming carbon fiber composite drum that use REMO drumhead will be matchless.

Sorry to tell you this but this isn't the first nor is it the only carbon fibre drum. Jason Bowld a teacher of mine may be familiar from pitchshifter/ this menace i think he is in drummer magazine often but it could be rhythm mag. Anyhow he had one made for him only buy a formula 1 team can't remember who. But it got stolen but luckily he recovered it. Wouldn't have a clue what it sounds like.

Simeonbl

Simeon Boys-Layton

No. 21 Posted on Nov 16, 2009 7:36 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I like to call it luncheon meat but I guess spams just as tasty
Big Smile

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 53 milliseconds