Seven Important Reasons to Use Remo Drums in Healthcare….or Anywhere
We have built on the Four Pillars of Remo World Percussion (Durable, Portable, Tunable, Playable) to create our premium HealthRHYTHMS Collections. This product fits well in places you may not have seen them before. Here’s why:
1. Durable –Using our unique, patented technologies and manufacturing techniques, we’ve taken the natural qualities of wood and animal skins and enhanced them for sound consistency and strength. Remo Advanced Acousticon® drums won’t splinter or crack with the occasional tumble and the heads rarely go out of tune. They are designed to take a beating, really!
2. Portable – Advanced Acousticon shells are far lighter than wood; they are easier to transport than traditional wood drums. Remo drums are synthetic and do not change sound even when stored in extreme temperatures. Our drum heads maintain beautiful tone whether they are played in South Africa or Antarctica (and they’ve been played in both!)
3. Tunable – Remo invented the first successful synthetic drum head more than 50 years ago. Our drum heads are resistant to weather changes and rarely go out of tune. A simple turn of the tuning wrench will tune your drum just where you want it and it takes only minutes to change the heads…if you ever want to.
4. Playable – Remo drums are made to make playing easy, with comfort and ergonomics in mind. Mallets are included in our collections for populations who want or need them. Try us against any of our competitors and see if our advanced technology drums aren’t superior in range, tone and projection qualities.
5. Sustainable – Remo drum shells are made with nearly 100% recycled materials. Remo has been awarded the California Waste Reduction Award each year since 1998. Recycling is not just something we do to address current consumer concerns. It’s part of our business culture and really defines us in a nutshell. This is such a foregone conclusion here at Remo, Inc. that we sometimes forget to tell people about how we use recycling from the design phase through production of our products whenever possible.
6. Culturally Diverse – Remo HealthRHYTHMS collections honor drum cultures of Africa, Native America, Latin America and the Middle East. We feel it is important that the contributions of these great cultures live on in our new technologies. This is an important feature of our collections when working with diverse populations in treatment settings.
7. Cleanable –Remo drums and drum heads can be cleaned and disinfected to meet the needs of healthcare facilities and schools. This will also allow you to keep them beautiful for years to come, whether you choose to drum in a raft in the Arctic Ocean, around the campfire in the forest, or in a classroom full of kids with sticky fingers. Just spray with any household disinfectant and wipe clean.For hospitals refer to CDC Guideline: Cleaning and Disinfecting Strategies for Environmental Surfaces in Patient-Care Areas .... Part I, Section E-1